#Plated01 is the first of an intimate series of dinners around Johannesburg, run by the Museum of African Design. Join us to explore ultra-unique evenings in the city, and support MOAD in the process.
For 01, come have a pop-up dinner in the museum with the Danish delegation of artists and curators presenting #ULTRACONTEMPORARY#EMERGENCYART#AFRICA. Every day for two weeks, artists will be changing what is on exhibit, based on emergencies and stories they encounter in Johannesburg. A group of local artists and designers have been selected to participate, and dinner will be amongst the works.
What we love!
- Learn how wine is blended with experts from Backsberg Estate
- Intimate dinner with the Curators of the inaugural Copenhagen Biennale and world-renown artists
- Explore a Johannesburg cultural destination by night
- Share a South African cultural experience; the Poitjke; with our overseas visitors
- Be a patron for Africa's first design museum and support African innovation
What to know:
- Wine is sponsored by Backsberg Estate
- Dinner includes drinks, appetisers, vegetarian options and dessert
- Safe, guarded street parking is available in front of the museum
- All sales are final